Re: P3 not getting frequency from K3S

ve3ki

OK, sorry I missed that - but the fundamental principle applies: something has gone wrong with the rig control communications; that is why the P3 is not getting the frequency information from the radio. The first place to look is to check the physical connections (cables fully plugged in, not broken, etc.). The second is to see whether the serial port name/number that you are using in your software is the same as the name/number the operating system has currently allocated to that port - the operating system (any operating system) can change that name/number, e.g. during updates, or sometimes just because you have added a device or moved cables between ports, so don't count on it being permanent. The K3 Utility has a window where you can check the various port numbers available in your system until you find the one that works. It is, of course, possible that there is a failure in the hardware (e.g. the KIO3B or the computer's USB port), but you should eliminate the other possibilities before focusing on the most difficult and expensive one to troubleshoot and repair.

Once you are able to get communications between the computer and the radio working, my guess would be that the P3 communications will fall into place.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 07:46 AM, Vaclav Ujcik wrote:
Rich, appreciate the info. Yes, it's set for Config:RS232 -> USB. However, as I stated in my initial post, I'm using a Mac, so references to Windows Device Manager don't help. As I said, it had worked fine up until I had this extended period of being not used.
Jim, WD9HBC