Re: P3 not getting frequency from K3S

ve3ki

If the K3S is not recognized by the computer, there is something wrong with the rig control connection or configuration between the PC and the K3S. If you are using the USB connection to the K3S for rig control, then in the K3S, CONFIG:RS232 should be set to USB. In the PC, open the Windows Device Manager and look under Ports (COM & LPT) to find the COM port number that Windows is currently assigning to the radio. This number can change as a result either of a Windows driver update or simply because you moved the USB cable from one USB jack on the computer to another. If it has changed, you will have to change the COM port number in your software.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 08:09 AM, Vaclav Ujcik wrote:
Well, I don't have the SVGA board and never mentioned it in original post. Also, I can't do firmware updates since the K3S is not recognized by the computer either. I do get waterfall, just no frequency readout of the radio no the P3. I'm suspecting an issue with KIO3B, but had hoped that someone might be able to shed some light.
Thanks!
Jim, WD9HBC