Transmit ALC loop and detector design

Charles Garner

I may be treading on proprietary ground here but I'd sure be interested if anyone at Elecraft or elsewhere could shed some detailed light on how the transmit ALC loop is implemented, especially how and where the loop detection is done. I recall hearing that the detection is sensitive to excessive 3rd order IMD which is good attribute but can anybody describe the implementation?  I've also heard it is implemented "in the DSP" which is probably diplomatic words meaning "it's proprietary".  Hope I'm mistaken.
Thanks. N6AF Chuck