Re: Repaired upgraded K3

Larry

Yep, that was it.  I just couldn't remember what the setting was.

Thanks

Larry
W0OGH

On 9/7/2018 6:47 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
Go to CONFIG menu and to RS232. Set that to USB.

Bob, K4TAX
On Sep 7, 2018, at 8:44 PM, Larry <telegrapher@q.com> wrote:

Well i got mine back from the factory today after some upgrades and the
LPA definitely needed repair!

I'd like to use the USB port to operate the radio and with LOG4OM.
Before i sent it in it worked as it should with the logging program and
the CAT enabled perfectly. Now it's not doing that. I've been from one
configuration to another in both the logbook and WSJT-X. Just not
having any luck with any of the settings. Yes, the K3 is set for 38.4
as are the other programs. Looking at the DEVICE's in the control panel
shows the radio connected to USB port 19. I am getting audio from the
radio to the computer as WSJT-X is decoding signals just fine. Nothing
happens on transmit though and when i try to exit the configuration
file, it tells me that there is an I/O problem with Hamlib while trying
to open the link to the radio. Been here B4 with this. Never did get
it to work before so always left it working with the RS-232 cable that
converted from RS232 to USB and it did work just fine then.

Also before i was able to use TX Data mode, set for Data A which btw in
receive anyway it sounded like i was still in USB. Wasn't there a
setting someplace to put into USB mode?

At least it works on CW and SSB. Kudos to the Elecraft crew for such a
fast turnaround on this thing.

Any help with making this thing work with the USB connection?

Larry
W0OGH