Or a J Pole (if you can avoid proximity to it, they're a mite picky and require a coax balun at the antenna feed).

With the cost of copper, price is variable but use 3/4" not half inch.  It's much more stable in winds.

Rick nhc

On 7/14/2018 11:20 AM, Charlie T, k3ICH wrote:
In that case, you might try a 5/8 wavelength vertical, or maybe even a co-linear,  vertical stacked array.
It would be omni-directinal, but would offer some gain.

73, Charlie k3ICH
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] 6M Es antenna question

I agree Charlie that a 3 element beam would be better but all of my antennas are in the trees in a very dense HOA neighborhood.  A dipole works pretty well oriented broadside 20 degrees/ 200 degrees.

While the second phased dipole is mechanically a pain the real question was about the angle that Es stuff favors.

73 - Mike - K9JRI

On Jul 14, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Charlie T, k3ICH <pincon@...> wrote:

Personally, for the little extra a second diploe would add, I don't feel it would be worth the effort.

For the effort to add another dipole with the supports, feed line etc.,  you may be better off using a small 3 or 4 element Yagi if you can.  Depending on your location, you may not even have to rotate it, since you'll have about a 90 degree horizontal beam width, and this will net you around +6dB of forward gain.

73, Charlie k3ICH