Re: 6M Es antenna question

Rob Sherwood

No I don’t know about the angle on 6m.  On 6m any antenna would have lots of lobes due to height above ground in wavelengths.   Rob, NC0B

On Jul 14, 2018, at 11:26 AM, Michael Blake via Groups.Io <k9jri@...> wrote:

Rob, thank you very much.  I do understand the fact that a 4 or 5 element beam would be better but that is not possible in this situation.

Do you have any information regarding the angle that Es stuff comes in?

Michael Blake

On Jul 14, 2018, at 10:44 AM, Rob Sherwood <rob@...> wrote:

Directivity is always your friend, often even more so than gain.  A yagi with a clean pattern reduces noise, QRM and QRN.  A 4 or 5 element yagi on 6m would be much more useful than stacking and phasing two dipoles.   On HF the same is true, and I am very lucky to have 5 elements on 10, 15 and 4 elements on 20m.  Rob, NC0B

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Charlie T, k3ICH
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:07 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] 6M Es antenna question

Personally, for the little extra a second diploe would add, I don't feel it would be worth the effort.

For the effort to add another dipole with the supports, feed line etc.,  you may be better off using a small 3 or 4 element Yagi if you can.  Depending on your location, you may not even have to rotate it, since you'll have about a 90 degree horizontal beam width, and this will net you around +6dB of forward gain.

73, Charlie k3ICH