Subject: [Elecraft-K3] 6M Es antenna question
To: "Groups IO" <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 3:34 PM

Having a ton
of fun working FT8 via Es on 50.313 with both my K3s and my
KX3. My antenna is a simple dipole at about 30 feet
elevation.
My
question regards the angle that Es signals arrive.  If
I stacked another dipole at 12 feet lower the angle of
maximum gain lowers significantly.  Is the preferred
angle of arrival/departure on an Es signal completely random
depending on the distance from the E cloud or would the
stacked dipoles (Lazy H) always be better?

Very 73 -
Mike - K9JRI