Re: 6M Es antenna question

Michael Kopec

Dear Mike;   I do not know if this helps to answer ur question. On 6M,  I run both a 2 element Moxon at 27 ft and a vertical GP at 18ft.  It amazes me that at times that the GP receives a signal stronger than the Moxon.  Yes the moxon is rotated in the correct direction.  I have also experienced that the signal off the back of the Moxon is stronger than when rotated toward the station.  VHF propagation is amazing. de K8NS

On Saturday, July 14, 2018, 8:39:44 AM EDT, Michael Blake via Groups.Io <k9jri@...> wrote:

Having a ton of fun working FT8 via Es on 50.313 with both my K3s and my KX3. My antenna is a simple dipole at about 30 feet elevation.

My question regards the angle that Es signals arrive.  If I stacked another dipole at 12 feet lower the angle of maximum gain lowers significantly.  Is the preferred angle of arrival/departure on an Es signal completely random depending on the distance from the E cloud or would the stacked dipoles (Lazy H) always be better?

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI