Re: K3

dalej

Be sure you have a good 50 ohm dummy load and cabling. One of my dummy loads works fine until I get to 6 meters then the cal fails, SWR at 50 Mhz is about 2 to 1. I connect my good load, a Drake DL1000 and all calibrations pass.

I would not use your antenna.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 06, Jul 2018, at 18:40, Larry <telegrapher@q.com> wrote:

I ran the 5 watt RF gain calibration test this morning from the K3
Utility. It failed! So i clicked on "Next" and ran the 50W calibration
test. I had not done this test before so didn't really know what to
expect. Well the 50W calibration level failed also, DUH!

Any suggestions before i call for an RMA? I can get 100W out on CW most
all bands, 80 W out on a couple others. However using FT8 the RF power
fluctuates to some extent, maybe 5 W or so on the HF bands but is really
stable on 6M using SSb mode though as the Data mode is worse and i can't
seem to tame it down. I am suspecting that getting the transmitter
"tuned up", whatever that may entail will correct the situation. Not
having a peak reading wattmeter it's hard to tell exactly, with the
instrument i have, what is happening on SSb although i worked the
KH1/KH7Z station on 20 and 15 SSb so it must be working to some extent.

Larry

W0OGH