Re: K3

Mike Flowers

What are you using for a dummy load.

A known good unit? Pure resistive load?

I’ve seen some flaky results with questionable dummy loads.

Just something to check.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Jul 6, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Larry <telegrapher@q.com> wrote:

I ran the 5 watt RF gain calibration test this morning from the K3
Utility. It failed! So i clicked on "Next" and ran the 50W calibration
test. I had not done this test before so didn't really know what to
expect. Well the 50W calibration level failed also, DUH!

Any suggestions before i call for an RMA? I can get 100W out on CW most
all bands, 80 W out on a couple others. However using FT8 the RF power
fluctuates to some extent, maybe 5 W or so on the HF bands but is really
stable on 6M using SSb mode though as the Data mode is worse and i can't
seem to tame it down. I am suspecting that getting the transmitter
"tuned up", whatever that may entail will correct the situation. Not
having a peak reading wattmeter it's hard to tell exactly, with the
instrument i have, what is happening on SSb although i worked the
KH1/KH7Z station on 20 and 15 SSb so it must be working to some extent.

Larry

W0OGH