Re: FT-8 on mac setup with K3S

ve3ki

It sounds to me as if you are using USB. You should use DATA A - the mic inputs are remembered separately for phone and data modes, and the default for DATA A is Line In. While the initial default filter settings for DATA A start out with a 500 Hz bandwidth, you can change that with the front panel filter controls, and the filter settings are remembered between operating sessions. DATA A has other advantages as well, as it automatically disables TX EQ and compression. This allows you to switch between data and voice modes without making any configuration changes. Tell WSJT-X you are using Data/Pkt (or None) for the radio's mode, and you should be set to go.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 08:37 am, Bob Brodovsky wrote:
I completely forgot to set the mic to line in. Works like a champ now. Thanks. It would be nice to have a way for the wsjtx software to switch it because I forget half the time.

Bob K6UDA