Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Integration of External Band Pass Filters

Randy Farmer W8FN

I had originally planned to build up a pair of switched stub networks for my station. After looking at the amount of parts, labor and careful tuning required for such a system, as well as the huge amount of space required, I determined that a set of the very competitively priced Low Band Systems filters between a pair of KK1L design 2X6 switches was both cheaper and WAY less work to get running. With a 2X6 you can get 4 bands of filtering with a bypass for each radio. I left out the filters for 160 and 10 since I normally don't try to do SO2R with one radio on 160 and didn't really need to worry about harmonics from 10. The system works very well.

73...
Randy, W8FN

On 1/16/2018 8:22 AM, ko7i ko7i@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

I would use a coaxial stub network on the 20m output of the amplifier. Ref W2VJN Reducing Intra-station Interference book, page 55 figure 44.
Works great.

Don Jones KO7I