Re: [Elecraft_K3] K-Pod Labels

David Cutter

Thanks, that will  be helpful to get me going.

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 5:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft_K3] K-Pod Labels

I have a bunch of K3 macros in the Yahoo Groups DXLab Files area.  I use those in DXLab’s Commander rig control module..  The K-Pod has the advantage of being able to use macros when I’m using N1MM+ instead of DXLab, my general logger.

I have just a few in my K-Pod, and I’ll attach that file to this email.  If it doesn’t work, I’ll upload it to the Files area of this Yahoo Group.  The CTS UP/DOWN macros adjust the VFO’s tuning rate.

73, Jim N7US

Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 10:57
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] K-Pod Labels

Jim

I just bought a K-Pod.  Would you care to share your macro listing?

David

G3UNA

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 4:22 PM

Subject: RE: [Elecraft_K3] K-Pod Labels

I have an Excel file with the sixteen macros in a small box and a screenshot of the K3 Utility with the macro labels and commands for reference.  I print and clip the section with the macros and keep it handy.

I can generally remember those I use often.

73, Jim N7US

Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 06:23
To: Elecraft_K3@...

I have a Brother PT-H100 using 6mm tape. Once again I don’t have the K-Pod in front of me but I used 2 or 3 characters to label the different buttons top and bottom. For example short tap B+, long tap B-, etc. There is room for both labels on the outside edge of each button.

73 Jeff kb2m

Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:04 AM

I have a label printer, but the labels are too large for the K-Pod.  Also, mine don't stick very well.  What model do you have?

John K1ESE

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 6:59 AM, kb2m@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I use a label printer I picked up at Staples for around 15$. It’s also very useful for labeling coax cables. I put the labels on over a year ago and they are still in place. I’d post a picture but my K3 is at my summer home, winter remote site. Also, I think I have volume control, sorta. I can mute and return volume to a preset level with the K-Pod...

73 Jeff kb2m

Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 6:17 AM

Subject: [Elecraft_K3] K-Pod Labels

Received a new K-Pod last week.  It has added a lot of enjoyment to using the K3.  It's not perfect, sure wish it could control volume or RF gain, but overall a nice addition to the shack.

There are buttons for 16 macros..  I doubt most of us can remember that many separate controls by seeing the F1 through F8 buttons. 

Has anyone come up with a way to put some labels on the very small spaces around each button?  I'm using chunks of Post-it.  They extend over the edge of the K-Pad and like to fall off.  There must be a better way.

John K1ESE

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.