Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3S 630 Meter Quandry

Mel Farrer <farrerfolks@...>

Yep got mine last week.  Doing the hook ups now.

Mel, K6KBE

From: "Rob Sherwood. rob@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: "Elecraft_K3@..."
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 10:44 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft_K3] K3S 630 Meter Quandry

Another example of an out-of-touch FCC.   You will love your K3S, but if you are really serious about 630m, consider the Monitor Sensors transverter.

I have been using it since the 630m band was open to general ham usage.  It is a fantastic product that not only is a linear transverter, but has a great receive front end.  AM BC overload on a good antenna is not a problem.  Is it almost idiot proof?  Yes.  I takes 5 watts of drive on 160m and gives you 50 watts of drive on 630m.

I have 19 states worked from Colorado, including Hawaii using WSJT X JT9.

Rob
NC0B