Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Experience?

David Mackey

Ohhh Barry

Dave Mackey
K1KA@...

From: <Elecraft_K3@...> on behalf of "F5vjc foxfive.vjc@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...>
Reply-To: <Elecraft_K3@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 12:54 PM
To: <Elecraft_K3@...>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Experience?

😂

On 6 December 2017 at 15:49, barry whittemore wb1edi@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

not unless the band is playing just outside your window.

Barry

NF1O

From: Elecraft_K3@... <Elecraft_K3@...> on behalf of mikerodgerske5gbc@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:11 AM
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Experience?

I don't suppose the noise canceling phones do anything for the band noise, just thought I'd ask. 

Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome 

On Dec 6, 2017, at 2:43 AM, Stephen Prior eastbrantwood@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

What about latency?  Even a small time delay for the sidetone would wreck CW sending.  Anyone know the answer to this please?  I'd love to go cordless.

73 Stephen G4SJP

On 6 December 2017 at 06:59, F5vjc foxfive.vjc@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I would really like to know the outcome of this thread, any conclusions on best active noise cancelling phones.

73, F5VJC

On 5 December 2017 at 16:51, Joe Pugliano joe_aj3o@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

To elaborate, even with the door to the shack closed I easily get distracted by a vacuum in the other room, rain hitting the roof and/windows, dog barking at the front door, kids and their music, XYL complaining that it is getting close to dinner, etc., the Bose helps extensively for me to hear the DX calling.

Don't forget about the power supply, radio, computer and amp fans running in the shack right at the operators position. You would be surprised at how much that seemingly light hum and hiss will cancel out (yes, even with regular headphones on).
Especially in any male's ears over the age of 30..... 

On Monday, December 4, 2017 11:09 PM, "Joe Pugliano joe_aj3o@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Bose

Joe / AJ3O

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:47 PM, 'radio@...' radio@... [Elecraft_K3]

Bose

w8hi

On Dec 4, 2017, at 9:19 PM, kenw817821@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I am going to get some noise cancelling headphones for use on the K3s.
Has anyone used any with great success? 
Ken K5WK

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.