Re: [Elecraft_K3] On sunspots, amplifiers, and transceivers: An overview of the K-Line

mikerodgerske5gbc

So Wayne, were you using a return path on your hidden mobile antenna?

7!
Absolutely Awesome

On Aug 25, 2017, at 3:47 PM, Carl Moreschi n4py3@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I looked around just a bit.  Venus was very bright and visible.  But it
was very difficult to look away from totality with all its beauty and
uniqueness.

Because of clouds, my daughter and I made a made scramble with 16
minutes to go to get to a better spot.  We stopped with 4 minutes to go
to totality and saw both diamond rings and 2.5 minutes of totality.

As we frantically drove to this new spot, we saw a head on collision at
a 4 way intersection.  There was already a tow truck there.  I wonder if
the tow truck operator even looked up at totality.

This was amazing.  I've been an amateur astronomer since I was 12 years
old.  I tried to see the 1972 eclipse on the Gaspe peninsula in Canada
but was clouded out with 2 minutes to go.  I've been waiting for this
one for 45 years.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 8/25/2017 4:37 PM, Rob Sherwood. rob@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:
I was so mesmerized by totality I didn't even notice. While I had seen
many pictures of totality over decades, I was not prepared for my
emotional response to seeing the corona. It was simply breathtaking.

Rob, NC0B

On Aug 25, 2017, at 2:34 PM, 'Charlie T, K3ICH' pincon@...
<mailto:pincon@...> [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...
<mailto:Elecraft_K3@...>> wrote:

Did the stars really come out?

Personally, I think that phenomenon would be the best to witness.

Charlie k3ICH