Re: [Elecraft_K3] Digikeyer II and Router S/W; WSJT-X; K3 Setup - Help

Joe Subich, W4TV

Don't use USB ... that leaves compression and TX EQ engaged on
transmit. Use DATA_A for PSK31/JT65/JT9/etc. and AFSK_A for
RTTY (FSK). Those modes eliminate compression and EQ on transmit
and EQ/NR on receive - all of which cause distortions of one kind
or another that degrades digital modes.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 6/14/2017 8:34 AM, Kenneth Ascher kascher904@gmail.com [Elecraft_K3] wrote:
I have that setup and it works great. I use USB mode.
Ken, KK4VA
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:20 AM, fdavis@nfld.net [Elecraft_K3] <
Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Joe

....I tried changing to PSK D in DATA MD on the K3 there was output when
TUNE button pressed in WSJT-X. Also output when ENABLE TX was engaged and
rig keyed in auto mode by the software.
So there was something happened that was correct. however when using DATA
A for JT65 there is no output so something not set right in the K3 maybe?

...settings in the PC and the DKII Router S/W same for both PSK D and
DATA A.

Helping setup friends gear for digital modes so cannot experiment with
settings easily.

Frank VO1HP