Re: [Elecraft_K3] KAT-500 Tuning

KE8G

Hi Tom,
You say you "tap" the Tune button on the KAT-500... try putting it into manual, then HOLD the button until the MAN light flashes, then hit the tune button on the radio.

73 de Jim - KE8G

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Tom nineback@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I have my KAT-500 hooked to my K3S and to my KPA-500.  I have the ATU on the K3s set to bypass.  When I tap the tune button on the  KAT-500 or press the tune key on the K3s the mode light on the KAT-500 just flashes when in Auto or Man mode.  In Byp mode it switches to Man and then the man flashes which I believe is correct.

I use the KAT-500 utility program and get the same results.

Why isn't a tune initiated?

73,
Tom - KQ5S