From: Elecraft_K3@... [mailto:Elecraft_K3@...]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 1:43 PM
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3S migration

Buy the K3S, then move the options in your K3 to the K3S yourself.  Personally (which I did), is to get the K3S with the 100W amp, tuner, and any filters you want have in both radios (my case, a 400Hz one).

You now have a spare radio (or you can sell it).  I kept the K3, but if you sell it,   the 100w amp and tuner will most likely make it more appealing.

Dick, K8ZTT

The way I understand it "If purchase a K3S with Migration, I can send in my K3 and Elecraft will remove some options and install them into my new K3S".  Elecraft will return my, "canabolized" K3.  I'm thinking, "what's the advantage of doing that"? Wouldn't it be better to just buy the K3S with the options that I want?

I can keep it as a second rig or sell it! Selling it loaded with the options would increase its value but if it's barebones, it's value would probably drop less than $1,000.  My question is "Is migration more economical than selling it"?