Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Rumors

Mel Farrer <farrerfolks@...>

I have been in the situation where I needed more power and decided that the BEST solution was to go 12 or 24 VDC battery with solar and trickle charger backup.  With adequate planning, a >1 KW SSB DC system in not unreasonable.  I have done it a couple of times and never had a problem.  There are a few 50 VDC systems out there and amps that love them.

Mel, K6KBE

From: "harry latterman harrylatterman@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: "Elecraft_K3@..." Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Rumors

My issue with a 1 kw or legal limit amp is line voltage... I have a older home..More like cabin. The radio shack is 120 @ 20 amps. No way to get 220 VAC, which it seem all 1 KW+ amps need. Therefore I will still with my KPA500, that seems to do more then I ever expected and live with 1-2 S unit lose.  Whole lot cheaper on the utility bill to for so little gain in contacts...

2 cents, back under my rock...

73 Harry  K7ZOV