From: Elecraft_K3@... [mailto:Elecraft_K3@...]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 7:03 PM
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Rumors

But to get one s unit beyond 500 watts you would have to get to 2000 watts, which is beyond legal limit. ??

Dale j.

On 03, Feb 2017, at 17:39, 'N2TK, Tony' tony.kaz@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Yes. One S-unit can sometimes make all the difference in the world between a Q and not making a Q.
I am not saying you need it every day. But when you do need it, it is nice to have the extra smoke.
Most of the time I only use 100W. Sometimes I use 500 W (KPA500). But when conditions are marginal the extra power (Acom 2000A)sure helps.
N2TK, Tony