Re: [Elecraft_K3] USB codec not working

William Conkling <bconk75@...>

Two ideas.

1- Turn on K3 after computer is running. I think that the most recent activated audio device gets hughest priority.

2- Upgrade to 5.54 Beta.

...nr4c. bill

On Dec 9, 2016, at 10:28 PM, K2QPN@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I put a KIO3B in my K3. Has been working fine. Recently the Codec will not send audio to any digital program when I boot up the PC. Device manager indicates the Codec is working fine. No audio is seen by my RTTY or PSK programs. To recover I have to go to Windows device manager and remove the Codec. This forces a reboot and everything starts working. Fails again on a PC power up or a reboot. Annoying.

The PC is home brew running Win 10 upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium.  The K3 is at the latest code (5.50).

Ideas appreciated.

73, Bob K2QPN