From: "'Stephen Bloom' sbloom@... [Elecraft_K3]"
Date: 8/21/16 21:45 (GMT+00:00)
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: [Elecraft_K3] Travel advice

Hi all:

I do a fair amount of travel for contests.  I have a couple of Pelican cases …each large enough for either a K3 or a KPA500 and accessories.  They are of course too large to take as carryon, and normally I just check them, without incident.

My next trip is to Suriname, with a change of planes and airlines ..(meaning rechecked baggage) in Trinidad.  I’ve been told in no uncertain terms that putting the K3 in checked luggage for this is a doubleplus ungood idea.  Luckily for this trip, I’ll need only a K3 and a Microkeyer, but I am wondering …is there a Pelican case (or equivalent) out there, that is small enough to qualify as carry on, but large enough to hold a K3?

Thanks/73

Steve KL7SB

p.s.  I also thought about just shipping the gear ahead of time …I was also told that was a bad idea.