Re: [Elecraft_K3] Popping Noise

ab2tc

Hi,

Yes, there is a pop when turning power on and another when turning off. Truth is that all solid state audio amplifiers with an output that is coupled with a capacitor (almost always the case with smaller amplifiers) exhibit this. I do not think you have to worry about speaker damage.

AB2TC - Knut

---In Elecraft_K3@..., <dj2001x@...> wrote :

I have not had this happen with my K3s or my older K3.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 20, Aug 2016, at 14:22, Mike Morrow w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Mike,

I'm a little concerned about possible cone damage. That's why I am wondering if others are hearing the same thing.

Mike, W3QT

On 8/20/2016 2:43 PM, mikerodgerske5gbc@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:
> I think my k3 does that. Didn't know it was a problem.
>
> 73
> Mike R
>
> Find me on "Zello", a walkie talkie or handi talkie type app. I'm listed as KE5GBC. I'm mostly on late at night.
>
> On Aug 20, 2016, at 12:05 PM, "w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:
>
>>
>> I'm running a K3s and have a popping noise through the external speaker when turning on the rig and to a lesser extent when turning it off. I recently changed speakers, thinking maybe a change would help, but the issue is still there. I'm currently using a TenTec 307B speaker. I've checked the cabling and terminals and tried a few different shunt capacitors across the speaker termnals. Does anyone else have a similar issue? Any ideas what to try next? Thanks.
>>
>> 73,
>> Mike, W3QT
>>
>>
>>

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.