Re: [Elecraft_K3] Popping Noise

ab2tc

Hi,

Yes, there is a pop when turning power on and another when turning off. Truth is that all solid state audio amplifiers with an output that is coupled with a capacitor (almost always the case with smaller amplifiers) exhibit this. I do not think you have to worry about speaker damage.

AB2TC - Knut

---In Elecraft_K3@..., <dj2001x@...> wrote :

I have not had this happen with my K3s or my older K3.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 20, Aug 2016, at 14:22, Mike Morrow w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Mike,

I'm a little concerned about possible cone damage. That's why I am wondering if others are hearing the same thing.

73,

Mike, W3QT