Re: [Elecraft_K3] Popping Noise

w3qt_mike

Mike,

I'm a little concerned about possible cone damage.  That's why I am wondering if others are hearing the same thing.

73,

Mike, W3QT

On 8/20/2016 2:43 PM, mikerodgerske5gbc@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

I think my k3 does that. Didn't know it was a problem.

73
Mike R

Find me on "Zello", a walkie talkie or handi talkie type app. I'm listed as KE5GBC. I'm mostly on late at night.

On Aug 20, 2016, at 12:05 PM, "w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I'm running a K3s and have a popping noise through the external speaker when turning on the rig and to a lesser extent when turning it off.  I recently changed speakers, thinking maybe a change would help, but the issue is still there.  I'm currently using a TenTec 307B speaker.  I've checked the cabling and terminals and tried a few different shunt capacitors across the speaker termnals.  Does anyone else have a similar issue?  Any ideas what to try next?  Thanks.

73,
Mike, W3QT