RX observation

barry NF1O

During the WAE contest this past weekend (Which I was not participating in) I got an opportunity to really hear how good the K3 is (with new synths)
I happened upon a Big gun from nearby that was about 30 over 9 and another station about 350 Hz away that was about S7. I was able to copy either perfectly with only some key clicks from the big gun.
Just to see, I swapped the antenna to my backup radio, a Yaesu FT847 and could copy Big gun ok but the station 350 Hz away was completely wiped.
This is why I am an Elecraft fan.
I have a 400Hz roofer and was at about 150 with the DSP.
73
Barry
NF1O