Re: KX3 RX IQ

Carl Moreschi

I'm using the line input on my sound card and all is well except I am seeing the KX3 local oscillator at the operating frequency. There must be something in the KX3 to suppress this out the RX IQ output. You can hear it well in the audio from NaP3.

The attached screen shot shows the local oscillator at the operating frequency.

Anybody know what to do to eliminate it from showing in NaP3?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 5/22/2016 8:45 AM, N7WY wrote:
Carl,
Most PC soundcards use a tip, ring, shield (TRS) connector that passes a resistor isolated low voltage bias to an electret element in the mic via the Ring, audio comes into the PC on the Tip, and Shield is common. These cards won't work to accept KX3 I& Q baseband signals since they don't pass two audio streams.