Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 IF output, 3 "dumb" questions...

Rudolf Schaffer

Hi Joe,

Thank you for these answers, all is now "clear" for me.

The idea was to use the multi VFO feature of SDR Console
to use "multimode" digital decoding; one mode directly with the K3
and 3 or 4 more with the SDR Console's VFOs, tuned on
the digital mode sub-band frequencies.

With your information, i'm ready, using a FCDP+ dongle (~ 190kHz usable)
at the K3's IF output.

My best 73,
Rudi, HB9ARI

Le 27.04.2016 16:15, 'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [Elecraft_K3] a écrit :

On 4/27/2016 9:46 AM, Rudolf Schaffer rudolf.schaffer@...
[Elecraft_K3] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've 2 questions for my K3 (#1212) IF :
> -1- What is the max. BW "usable" for the IF output ?

Approximately 200 KHz

> -2- What is the "relation" between VFO and IF frequencies ?

Output is centered on 8125 KHz +/- mode and shift offset (IF
frequency).

> -3- Is this relation "constant" between HF bands ?

Yes. Although sideband sense changes above 35 MHz.

73,

... Joe, W4TV