Re: [Elecraft_K3] Compare the K3 with the IC-7300

Richard Fjeld <rpfjeld@...>

I realize now that I mis-understood.   Please dis-regard.

Dick, n0ce

On 4/10/2016 8:40 PM, Richard Fjeld wrote:
I hate to reveal my ignorance, but isn't that one of the reasons I have a low pass filter in-line to my antenna system?
I would welcome a brief explanation if the low pass filter is not effective.

Also, forgive me for posting a reply before I have read the entire list.  I jumped the gun awhile ago.

Dick, n0ce
On 4/10/2016 4:43 PM, ab2tc@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

Hi Rob again,

Yes, the higher order products are the worst problem with most solid state transmitters. In tube transmitters there is the 3rd order and very little after that. In most solid state transmitters the spectrum goes on and on and on... This requires attention by mainstream companies, including Elecraft. I'd really like to see Elecraft take the lead with respect to SSB transmitter distortion. If there is ever a K4 it ought to have a clean transmitter. I don't really care about the receiver. If a direct sampling receiver saves them money and retains or improves the performance, kudos to them.

AB2TC - Knut