Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: VFO B in Split Mode

w3qt_mike

Hi Rich,

Thanks.  The DISP button did the trick.  Shortly after getting the rig I tapped "Disp" to access the other VFO B data and forgot that a tap on "Disp" would get back to a simple freq read out.

73,
Mike, W3QT

On 2/7/2016 8:29 PM, ve3ki@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

If there is a frequency displayed in the VFO B (lower) display, that's exactly what it is - the TX frequency when in Split mode. The main receiver frequency is always controlled by VFO A (upper display). The transmitter's frequency is controlled by VFO A when not in Split mode, and by VFO B when in Split mode.

If you don't see an actual frequency in the VFO B display, what are you seeing there? Have you pressed the DISP button to make the VFO B display show something other than a frequency (time, date, voltage, current, temperature, ...)? If you have, tap the DISP button again to get back to the normal VFO B frequency display.

73,
Rich VE3KI

---In Elecraft_K3@..., wrote :

How do I get VFO B to display the TX frequency when in split mode?  I've been through the manual several times but can't seem to find anything.  Is the sub-receiver necessary for that?  I understand about the delta-F LED, Split, and TX arrow but don't see an actual xmit frequency.

73,
Mike, W3QT