Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Powerline Noise reduction

Rob Sherwood

Bob,

NB can be in hardware and software.

I cannot remember what a K3 has, likely hardware, but I assume it could be added in software.

The main issue would be the roofing filter would affect what the DSP software would see.

The rise time of the noise would be seriously degraded and pulse duration lengthened, so maybe a software blanker wouldn’t work.

I am no programmer, so the smart guys would have to comment on that.

Rob

NC0B