From: Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 1:08 PM
To: Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Powerline Noise reduction

I use a Samlex supply with my K3 and I do not hear anything from the supply.
You might have a bad supply. Put a scope on the DC lead. Also if you have another supply to try.

Dale, k9vuj

On 31, Jan 2016, at 10:04, "pete VE3HOH-W3 ve3hoh@hotmail.com [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I ran across an in teresting situation with my K3 and a SAMLEX 2)A swicth mode power supply.
The ham shack is in the basement, so the antenna will not pick up any 22khz harmonic grunge from the PA.
The K3 rcvr did pick it up as the power leads to the PA and ckt breaker run very close to the LPF.
This allows the RF from the DC power leads to get into the rcvr .
I spent ( wasted) some time looking at all my computer and hime enetrtinment devices for the noise problem.
The K3 could use some shielded cables near the LPF or even do with some ferrites to keep the RF off the power leads.
Yes , the SAMLEX PS shoule be cleaned up too!
The K3 is the only radio I have that alowed the SAMLEX noise to bother the rcvr.
A panel separating the LPF from teh ckt bkr might work as well.

73 pete ve3hoh/w3