From: "dalej dj2001x@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] KPA500 finals blown

I'd be interested to know what the HV tap was set for, what the HV displayed for HV and if there happened to be a voltage surge or spike that came down the mains.  All that might contribute to sudden failure.  I doubt heat is a factor.

Just a thought.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 21, Jan 2016, at 8:47, vu2nks@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

KPA500 shut off with a bang while operating RTTY @300W.

Antenna is a steppir beam.

On opening the KPA500,found 2 ceramic? caps of VRF2933

adrift with underside of the said caps,black.

I am in touch with Support.

Has anyone here replaced these devices? This will be my first time
working with power transistors.

73 and HNY,
Nandu
VU2NKS