Thanks, Bill.
73,
Mike, W3QT

On 1/21/2016 5:19 PM, William Conkling bconk75@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

I think many find Dual Passband to be least useful and prefer APF for digging out weak signals.
The I and II settings can setup narrow and wide band pass and you're done. Set CONFIG:Dual Pb to APF and its ready with a press/hold of the APF button.

Enjoy your new rig.

...nr4c. bill

On Jan 21, 2016, at 12:30 PM, Mike Morrow w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

A question from a newbie to the K3s.  I'm working through Cady's book and have come across something I don't quite understand on CW filtering.  As I understand it, there are basically 3 modes of CW filtering:  "normal" filtering with shift and width, dual passband, and APF.  My question concerns the I and II filter positions.  If I set up I and II to switch between Dual Passband and APF does that then mean normal filtering is not available?  I guess the way I'm understanding it is I would have to set up I and II for normal and either dual passband or APF and then if I wanted the third choice I'd have to enter into it manually.  Is that close?  Thanks for any response.

73,
Mike, W3QTe