CW Filtering

w3qt_mike

A question from a newbie to the K3s.  I'm working through Cady's book and have come across something I don't quite understand on CW filtering.  As I understand it, there are basically 3 modes of CW filtering:  "normal" filtering with shift and width, dual passband, and APF.  My question concerns the I and II filter positions.  If I set up I and II to switch between Dual Passband and APF does that then mean normal filtering is not available?  I guess the way I'm understanding it is I would have to set up I and II for normal and either dual passband or APF and then if I wanted the third choice I'd have to enter into it manually.  Is that close?  Thanks for any response.

73,
Mike, W3QTe