Re: [Elecraft_K3] Mic adjustment

William Conkling <bconk75@...>

Go back to the manual and look in the section on setting up the mic. You should turn Cmp to zero first. In Menu under mic sel set to proper connection (f or r) and High audio now look in the book and there is a note on setting an extra high gain by pressing the 7 key. Heil dynamic mics are low output mics so you need a lot of gain.

Once you get the ALC bars right then you start adding Cmp.

...nr4c. bill

On Jan 9, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Mike Morrow w3qt@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

New K3s owner here trying to set up for SSB operation.  I am unable to see any ALC indication when adjusting the mic volume control, even with the control fully open.  Compression is adjusted for less than 10dB and is reflected on the compression scale.  Signal sounds fine on Monitor, RF meter shows full output, and that is confirmed on an external wattmeter.  I'm using a Heil Pro Set Elite - 6 headset.  Shouldn't I be seeing some deflection on the ALC meter?  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

73,
Mike, W3QT