Mic adjustment

w3qt_mike

New K3s owner here trying to set up for SSB operation.  I am unable to see any ALC indication when adjusting the mic volume control, even with the control fully open.  Compression is adjusted for less than 10dB and is reflected on the compression scale.  Signal sounds fine on Monitor, RF meter shows full output, and that is confirmed on an external wattmeter.  I'm using a Heil Pro Set Elite - 6 headset.  Shouldn't I be seeing some deflection on the ALC meter?  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

73,
Mike, W3QT