Re: Verizon FIOS not finding www.elecraft.com

ab2tc

Hi,

Not likely the cause. It has been established by the folks on the Elecraft reflector that the likely cause is a failure to establish an HTTP connector. Try:

ftp://elecraft.com/

It works, although it's slow. This means hat are no routing problems, which would be the case if DNS info was not up to date. I suspect that the Verizon folks were mislead by the timeout on the 4th hop in tracert, which is a red herring. The tracert succeeds all the way to elecraft.com

AB2TC - Knut

---In Elecraft_K3@..., <jpescatore@...> wrote :

I spent time yesterday on the phone with a live Verizon person. I let them remotely control my PC, they ran a traceroute and brought on a network person - who said the problem is that Elecraft needs to update/republish their DNS info for that site.

Doesn't make much sense to me, since non-FIOS users don't have the problem, but forwarded info to support@... in case it does make sense to their web/IT folks.

73 John K3TN