Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: P3 or SDR

Rob Sherwood

I was incorrect.  The output is 5 dB below antenna level.  I had the preamp ON, 20 meters, and that messed up my measurement.  Wayne straightened me out last night and I confirmed it in the lab.  Sorry for the error.

Rob
NC0B

On Nov 2, 2015, at 5:45 AM, "n8lp@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I doubt it. The IF output on the earlier versions of the KVX3 were just connectors. The buffer was on the main PCB. I haven't looked at the schematics, but if the transfer gain has changed, then I suspect some circuitry on the main board has changed... either in the buffer, the preamp, preselectors or the 1st mixer, or some combination.

Larry N8LP

---In Elecraft_K3@..., wrote :

Is that due to the new KXV3B?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone