From: Elecraft_K3@... [mailto:Elecraft_K3@...]
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] New overview with K3/K3S, November 2015

* On 2015 31 Oct 09:07 -0500, Rob Sherwood. rob@... [Elecraft_K3] wrote:
> It depends on what you are doing and your environment. Rag chewing
> when everyone is S9 or stronger, it hardly matters the performance
> level of the radio.

While many would agree with that statement, Rob, I'll disagree. :-)
Most of the use of my K3 is nets and ragchewing. A waste? Hardly! On
the 160m frequency I spend time on there is often another group 2 kHz
below us. With the 2.1 kHz filter and the excellent K3 DSP, all I need
to do is dial the Hi Cut down to 2.05 kHz and I don't hear a peep out of
them. I certainly could not do that on the FT-920 the K3 replaced even
with a sizable investment of Inrad filters plus the filter switch board
in it. The same operating conditions exist on 75m when our Kansas
section nets are in operation.

The K3 is an excellent general use radio, IMO. Ops do themselves a
disservice when they limit their radio options because they ragchew or
participate in nets. I tend to use the K3's feature set more as a
ragchewer than when I operate a QSO party or contest.

Yes, I am admittedly odd.

73, Nate, N0NB

If this email is spam, report it to www.OnlyMyEmail.com