From: "tnnyswy@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: "Elecraft_K3@..."
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Upgrade advice

>>> get the Icom IC-7200.<<<

Getting an Icom is not an " Upgrade "

(((73))) Milverton.

From: "dalej dj2001x@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 3:59 PM

If you're going to do just MARS work, get the Icom IC-7200.

Dale, k9vuj

On 01, Oct 2015, at 14:55, 'David F. Reed' w5sv.dave@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

For MARS work, I would not bother with the syn. board upgrades; I would if you chase DX; same with the second RX.  I found the 2.1 KHz 8 pole filter to be very nice though, especially here in TX where we sometimes get co-channel interference from PEMEX sites.

Good luck in your pursuit!

73 de Dave, W5SV

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM, k8ami.goblue@... [Elecraft_K3]<Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I'm looking for advice concerning my K3. I have just the primary receiver, 100W and 2.7 stock filter.  I run MARS voice and digital, and voice and digital on the Ham bands. Very little CW at this time of my life (65). I'm looking at the K3s upgrade just announced, addition of an additional filter or if you have other suggestions I'm open to your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

K8AMI

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: