K3 Line with Win4K3 Suite

Dennis Ashworth

I am installing my K3 line in a protective enclosure inside the storage bay of our motor home and desire to remote the K3 line via my desktop inside the motor home. I have selected WIN4K3 as the interfacing software, and will utilize WinKeyer USB and HRD Logbook (and N1MM+).

Any issues come to mind from the collective masses?

As each of the K3 components (except the P3) will require a serial to USB converter, can these be connected to a hub so I have only one USB cable to connect to the desktop? Is there a maximum USB cable length (electrical) limitation to consider?

Thanks
Dennis, K7FL
Battle Ground, WA

PS: I wasn't able to locate a discussion group for WIN4K3. If one exists, let me know and I will move the conversation there.