Re: Anti-static mats (was: Re: [Elecraft_K3] KS3 Kit)

Dean LaClair

John
Congrats on new k3s kit. Sure hope im still kit building in my 83rd year!

72 Dean

On Aug 15, 2015 2:48 PM, "ham50cw@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Many thanks to all who have responded to my Antistatic problem with the K3S Kit.  I finally found a 12"X22" mat on Ebay for $16 that has electrical specifications that fit the bill for a true antistatic surface.  I can easily handle all the static sensitive boards in the K3S.  During my work career I have seen two many cross section, where ESD obliterated an otherwise good device, to fail and be sure not to inadvertently damage the radio my wife agreed that I could purchase.

All of your ideas have helped me and I possibly could have handled things without the ESD Mat.

John, AD2F