Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 vs Icom - fatigue

David McClain

I’ll point out something that I have learned over the past 20 years doing professional hearing research…

The “Pain Frequencies” are those in the band from about 1-2 kHz. Too much of those and it becomes very grating and fatiguing over long periods of time.

In fact, just about everyone who wears hearing aids hates them, and it is principally this band that is usually overcorrected. The 1-2 kHz band is roughly the sound of a full stadium cheering for a touchdown.

Try backing off on 1-2 kHz a bit, perhaps 3-4 dB and see if that helps.

- 73 de Dave, N7AIG