toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Quite a nice setup Anthony!
Only thing I see is a whole different setup is needed for the k3s than the kx3. .. also if that swiss army knife is "dear" to you, DO NOT put it in a carry on, in the USA. They will nab it!
72 Dean K2WW
On Jul 25, 2015 9:45 AM, "Anthony Luscre k8zt@...
You might want to consider two cases to provide maximum and flexiability :
1. for KX3 and a few small accessories
2. For Power Supply and other accessories that are more durable and can allowq you to pack in more with less need to be as concerned with cushioning.
These can then both be placed in almost any inexpensive, generic plain looking roller carry-on suitcase.
I like the Megilla 6700 12” Waterproof Drybox Case - Rubberized , very similar in quality & protection but much less expensive than Pelican.
Since then I have added a second case and moved power supply to additional case.
Contents are now:
- Case One (Yellow)
Case Two (Orange)
- spare NiMH AA batteries
- small end feed antenna/counter poise with direct BNC connector (Elecraft suggested design)
- extra bnc connectors (90 deg. BNC to PL-259, 90 deg. BNC to BNC )
- fused (5 Amp & extra fuses) KX3 dc cable with Anderson powerpole connectors,
- interface cables
- original USB
- homebrew N1MM)
- ear buds
- small printed KX3 operators manual (from PDF file printed as 5.5 x 4.25" booklet
- color quick use guide on a single laminated sheet.
- waterproof pen and small tablet
- a copy of my FCC license & a few QSL cards
- Power supply (switching 8 AMP) with power pole connectors and short AC cable
- 2nd KX3 dc cable with Anderson powerpole connectors,
- extra power cables
- KX3 connector to powerpoles
- fused cigarette plug to powerpoles cable
- fused cable with medium alligator clips to anderson poles
- extra fuses
- NiMH AA battery charger with
- wall wart AC supply
- cigarette lighter DC supply
- 2 sets alkaline batteries.
- small VOM
- spare power pole connectors
- Swiss army knife with scissors, wire stripper and pliers (to crimp connectors)