Connecting both a PC and SPE 1.3K-FA amplifier to a K3S

w9tvx@...

Hi Everyone,

I recently acquired a K3S and have been working on connecting both a PC and Expert 1.3K-FA amplifier to the radio. My prior setup was a TS990S which had two I/O ports: a USB port and a RS232  port. I connected my PC to the USB port and the amplifier to the RS232 port and all was well with the world.

The K3S posed a couple of minor hurdles to getting to this same setup. Thanks to some really outstanding support from Elecraft, I finally got it all figured out.

I’ve put together a video that details the procedure required to get both the amp and pc connected to the K3S and receiving CAT data. Hopefully you will find it useful. (I should add that I cross posted this note to the Expertamp Yahoo! group)

Connecting a PC and Expert 1.3K-FA Amplifier to an Elecraft K3S