Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3/P3 video display on AM vs SSB

farrerfolks@...

Final comment after some bench testing.  I put the signal generator with 1 KHz tone at 100% modulation into the 8920.  Sidebands were 6 dB down.  I then put the signal generator on 7.2 MHz at +20 dBm into a long wire antenna and went inside and tuned the K3/P3 to 7.2 MHz and the display was about 8dB down on the sidebands.  Not sure of the difference, but I am convinced the averaging algorithm is not following the voice patterns on AM modulation like it does on SSB. Probably a timing issue but nothing to worry about.  Glad to see that.

Mel, K6KBE