Re: [Elecraft_K3] k3 and XLR Microphone

Mel Farrer <farrerfolks@...>

I also use the Audio Technica MB 3K with very good results on a boom.

Mel, K6KBE

From: "dalej dj2001x@... [Elecraft_K3]"
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] k3 and XLR Microphone

Have a look at the Audio Technica Pro 31

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352146-REG/Audio_Technica_PRO31_Pro_31_Cardioid_Handheld.html>

Pretty good mike and can be mounted on a stand.  I use mine on a boom.

Dale, k9vuj

On 02, Apr 2015, at 11:17, GRANT YOUNGMAN nq5t@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

There’s an audio and feature comparison of the two on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ruNTeSaNKU

I’ve had the RE20 since long before the RE320 was released.  I didn’t purchase it to use with SSB radios or VOX, but it’s ended up that way in the interest of minimizing clutter and dangling microphone cables.  I’ve never had an issue with VOX operation, and can’t say it behaves any differently that most ham mics I’ve used.  I’d expect the 320 to be similar.  To be honest, I normally use a foot switch, but that’s not the fault of the mic.  A good downward expander or noise gate does a lot for clean VOX.  From the demo, it sounds like the 320 would require a bit less high frequency EQ than I find necessary with the RE20, and the slightly higher output level might be a plus, too.

Grant NQ5T.

On Apr 2, 2015, at 12:12 AM, Rob Sherwood. rob@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

> Can anyone comment on the RE-20 vs. the RE-320?  A very long time ago at a hamfest I passed on an RE-20 for $100.  Is VOX operation better with these mics compared more ham oriented microphones?
>
> Both the EV microphones are rather pricy.
>
> Rob, NC0B
>

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 8:19 PM, "GRANT YOUNGMAN nq5t@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional