Re: [Elecraft_K3] RE: BL2 on ocf dipole

Mel Farrer <farrerfolks@...>

Not sure where this thread is going, but I use a standard homebrew 4:1 ferrite balun then a W1JR choke balun with type 31 core and RG303 on my OCF with no RFI problems. Very light and easy to pack.  Home brew forever.

Mel, K6KBE

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:05 PM, Everett Sharp wrote:

For what it is worth, I have used the Radio Works Caroline Windom and had problems with it and it is very poorly made. You do not need the balun that Radio Works has on their Windom, which is 20' from the the 4:1 balun that is at the apex. However, adding a common mode choke in the feed line somewhere between the antenna and your rig will help with the noise and any RF on the outside of the coax.

Everett N8CNP

On Jan 4, 2014, at 2:43 PM, <oleraven@...> wrote:

bl2 on ocf dipole
hi
go to radio works web site and read about the caroline windom.
it will explain the setup and the balun and choke to use.

73 john
wb2jfn

http://www.radioworks.com/