Re: [Elecraft_K3] RIP Tokyo High Power

Dale J. <dj2001x@...>

From that the apparent reason,

"Company CEO/President Nobuki Wakabayashi, JA1DJW, founded Tokyo Hy-Power Labs in 1975. He blamed “the recent depression in the industrial RF power products area [which] has led to the very difficult financial position.”

They must have lost some commercial business that led to it's collapse. Hopefully another company will pick it up.

Dale, k9vuj

On 28, Dec 2013, at 9:08, Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com> wrote:

not that the ARRL is the final word on anything, but their take on it
can be found here:
http://www.arrl.org/news/tokyo-hy-power-files-for-bankruptcy

On 12/28/2013 8:57 AM, Dyarnes wrote:

Hi Again,
I just got an update from my friend Shin, JA1NUT. It is Tokyo Hy-Power
that went bankrupt. There was some uncertainty that it could be another
company with a similar name. Not so.
In any event, Shin says the debt turned out to be rather small—only
about 2.5M Yen, which is only about $25,000---much less than originally
thought. That’s rather small, so very possibly this could be dealt with
in some way other than going out of business. We just have to wait and
see. However, if the products just weren’t viable profit wise, nobody
may want to take it over.
Dave W7AQK